Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Britney Spears - I Wanna Go - The Video



So Britney just released her latest video for her 3rd Single off her latest studio album, Femme Fatale. 

This video is totally out of the blue. I was just having my first listen at Selena Gomez's new album, When The Sun Goes Down, and then this video popped up on my Youtube Home page. 

I won't put in any GAGA in this post as much as I can. I promise for all those Britney fans out there. 

Britney just started her tour with Nicki Minaj, The Femme Fatale Tour. Apparently she actually sings LIVE now, but her vocals sound suspiciously similar to the original studio vocals. Just saying. 

wellllll. off to the review and the video -->




Synopsis:

So the video starts with Britney in a press conference and she is asked uncomfortable questions for her. She answers nicely for the few firsts then proceeds to say "Fuck You, Fuck You, Fuck You, You. You're cool. Fuck You, Fuck You. I'm out of here."

The Song starts and she goes out to the streets of presumably... L.A. or New York (Forgive me for my short-knowledge-ness i don't know my way around here yet haha. ) First, she signs a fan's CD. Then, she squeezes the tooshie of that fan. first of all, I don't think Britney does this at all, but i think this is a testament of her love for her fans. Then, she blows a kiss to a baby.

She then proceeds to flash her boobies to a police-man, a kid, and a dad. I don't know what's under that half jacket but I presume that it's NSFW.  Then she is scanned by the policeman, showing off her tender body parts.

She proceeds to cause some havoc and she literally6 stops traffic. She is shown being followed by a battalion of paparazzi. She pulls out her mic and whips it at them.  CGI Sparks and jumping stunt men included. Towards the end of the breakdown, the fallen paparazzi rise up and are shown as Terminator-like robots with red glowing eyes.

What seems to be her bodyguard, came into the rescue and they drove away as her body guard poured milk all over his face as Britney was shown being seductive. I don't fucking know what that was about. He smokes literally and Britney proceeds to open his chest. Revealing that her bodyguard is a robot too.
FLASH BACK TO THE PRESS ROOM.

She was just dreaming and her bodyguard, Guillermo, saved her too from the raging questions of the curious press people. As they were walking away, Guillermo looks back and flashes his red eyes and laughs maniacally laughs like Vincent Price in Michael Jackson's thriller. I presume that it is a homage of some sort.

OVERALL RATING: 4.5 Stars


It could've been perfect, but the storyline is hazy. Especially the part towards the end where Guillermo showers himself with milk. First of all, who keeps a carton of milk, OPEN, in their car anyway. Who the f does that? Ummm.. This also shows Britney's perpetual HATE for the paparazzi, which I frown upon. Other than that, I like it.

No comments: