Thursday, June 16, 2011

Review: Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory - The Video


Vevo and Lady Gaga just released her new video for her 3 Single from her album, Born This Way.

The edge of glory is a song, dedicated to Grandpa Germanotta, who recently passed away about 7 Months ago. I love how Gaga somehow turns something sad, into a celebration. Instead of mourning for her grandpa's death, she instead made a song to celebrate her grandpa's living years. There is also a soulful saxophone solo from Clarence Clemons. 

I would love to have this song played at my funeral. The video is finally here.

Watch the Video + My Review after the jump! =)



Synopsis:

This is  surprisingly a simple video, no complicated dance routines, Just Gaga and Clarence seated on the stairs of an apartment presumably in New York.

Gaga is also shown climbing and dancing through a flight of fire escape stairs. Clarence Clemons, the saxophonist is currently sick, and I hope he gets better. 11 Million Little Monsters are on the edge with you, Clarence!

Towards the end of the breakdown, Gaga kneels in front of the stairs, and she kisses the pavement. For me this is her testament for her perpetual love for her home town, New York.

OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars


I'm actually really surprised that this isn't a Mermaid video like many all of the little monsters expected contrary to Laurie Ann Gibson's tease, "It's going to be fishy"... I'm not disappointed because I love the fact that it looks gloomy but Gaga is whimsical at the same time. 


Rest in Peace, Grandpa Germanotta. 


Next Up: Album tours of 5 CD's.!!!! Get Ready. 


- Rihanna - 
~ Music Of The Sun 
~ A Girl Like Me
~ Good Girl Gone Bad


- Lady Gaga - 
~ Bad Romance: The Remixes 
~ Telephone: The Remixes

No comments: