Friday, February 11, 2011

Review: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday In-Depth Song-By-Song

Not Many Female Rappers emerged and rose to Total Fame in the past years.
Not many female rappers caught my attention,
And Not many female rappers made me Actually Like RAP.
Well, Nicki Minaj is an Exception.

Her Catchy Beats and Catchy Lyrics never fails to give you th Last Song Syndrome. (Well, At Least for me. lol) This Harujuku Barbie may look wild,
but her songs actually have soul, and meaning.

By The Way, Pink Friday Is currently #1 on the BillBoard Hot 200 after
an 11 Week Climb! Congrats Nicki!

Her Album is pretty much about her life. Some songs about fame, rivals, money, love... you get the picture. This album is about what goes on in her life.
Check out the Review After the Jump! 

SONGS: And What they're about

1. I'M THE BEST - In This Song, She gives that "HA-HA YOU LOST" Theme to the Haters, and she wants more. Freedom for the other hated artists. And Of Course, Her Success. She Wants to let the haters know she's the best.
The Song Starts With Her Rapping about the start of her career.(And winding up in Disney With Lindsey).
In the rest of the song she sings About Buying Her Mom A House, Reversing Curses, touring, and whatnot she does. The Chorus is the taunt to haters, having lyrics like:

"I hope they're coming for me
Because the top is lonely
What the Fu-- They Gonna Say"
2. ROMAN'S REVENGE Feat. EMINEM - This song is the song about her famous hater, Lil' Kim.
I Heard they have had beef since Nicki emerged in the music scene.
Well, This is her response. Featuring Eminem, This Track is sure to be crazzzzzzyyy!
Unfortunately, Lil' Kim also responded a direct Diss at Nicki! it's called "Black Friday".
Pretty Obvious, Right?
A favorite part of mine is the
"RUH RUH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON!" part.
As This song ends, Nicki's Alter Egos, ROMAN & MARTHA do a rap and speech. Which is So Epic!
"(I-I-I-I-Is) Is this the thanks that I get for puttin' you bitches on?
Is it my fault that all of you bitches gone? "
3. DID IT ON 'EM - This song is About her being now successful and rich and famous and the best bitch, and that she "SHIDDED ON 'EM" a.k.a. POOP. I don't know!
This is a really Last Song Syndrome-y type of song.
Apparently in this song she says that she carries around a couple of wet wipes in case a bum tried to touch her, EW. LOL!
"Couple Wet Wipes in case a bum try to touch me, EW."
4. RIGHT THRU ME - Nicki's 3rd Single From the Album. Very Soulful and Lovely..
This song talks about Nicki in Love with someone, who "Sees" through her.
in other words, She's totally in love with someone and apparently she hates the fact that she does.
She hates it when he does that Shit. Rhythm is great...
"AND WHY ARE YOU SPEAKIN' WHEN NO ONE ASKED--
YOU SEE RIGHT THRU ME
HOW DO YOU DO THAT SHIT"
5. FLY Feat. Rihanna - This Song Tells about Nicki's Goals and What she came in the Music Scene For: WINNING, FLYING, CONQUERING & RIDING all 'dem haters and opponents.
She also mentions that she is against Enemies and Friends. Apparently this means that some people don't appear as you think they would be. And then, She Won, She Flew,She Conquered, She Rode over a sea full of sharks and they all smell butt. LOL!
"I Came To Win, To Fly, To Conquer, To Conquer, To Ride"
"Me, Me, Me Against Them, Me Against Enemies Me Against Friends"
6. SAVE ME - Probably the most emotional song in the album. It tells about her driving a long way just to get into a fight. She wants to be saved, and she feels like she's giving up.
She also admits her faults and imperfection in this song. All I can say
about this song is that it is so emotional.
"It's Not Your Fault, I'm A Bitch. I'm A Monster"
"This time won't you save me, this time won't you save me, baby i can feel myself giving up."
7. MOMENT 4 LIFE feat. Drake - Nicki's 4th Single from the album. This is such a fantastic song, like in a fairytale that spells out C-H-E-M-I-S-T-R-Y.
Drake and Nicki do have chemistry behind the mic. Who knows, they could be.
The song is about her wanting a moment for life because in that very moment she was King, In that Very Moment she Slayed Goliath With a Sling! She's also feels that she is the umpire and leader of the World. That is Worthy to be a Moment 4 Life
"Don't worry 'bout me, and who i fire ,i get what i desire, it's my empire.
and yes i call the shots, i am the umpire I sprinkle holy water, upon the vampire"

8. CHECK IT OUT Feat. Will.I.Am - This song made me fall in love with Nicki. Absolutely amazing song. This song is about CHECKING IT OUT! Nicki Shouts out to the Hater here and says that they could kill themselves. And Will.I.Am goes around the club pretending he is Mr. T . I PITY THE FOOL! lolz
"Competition Why, Yes I would love some"
"Haters you can kill yourself"
9.BLAZIN' Feat. Kanye West - This song tells about Nicki feeling on top of the world. Almost similar to "I'm The Best" yet unique in its own way. Nicki tells anybody with money
that they should invest now because she's just getting started. Kanye's rap is praising Nicki. And he Raps about him saying too much. Not much of a fan of Kanye. UGHH.
Catchy song. The bridge is so amazing!
"I say too much to the world so they abbreviate 'em"
"I Fly, I'm Fly High I'm Blazin'"
10. HERE I AM - Probably the fiercest song in the album. Simple yet straightforward. This is also a song directed at Lil' Kim. Kind of a "Take me as a friend or a threat, it's as easy as that" theme to it. Not only Lil' Kim, but more other people.
"You Got Me Thinking Twice To Just Breathe, and you say I won't survive if I leave"
"It's a joke, it's a thing, why am i still keeping score.
I'm in pain, I'm ashamed. I'm a woman Hear me Roar"
11. DEAR OLD NICKI - Probably the sweetest song she sang. She wants Old Nicki back because her fans are waiting for her. This is such a Personal Song for Nicki because she sings about how fame changed her life. A piano intro gives more of the Drama effect. This song is like wanting to reunite with a friend lost for years. Soulful, Fierce and Amazing. This song shows her softer side.
"You Told Me you'd Come when I needed You"
"But Dear Old Nicki, Please Call Back"
12. YOUR LOVE - Nicki's 2nd Single from the album. Absolutely Amazing. If Check It Out didn't make you a Fan, This will. There's a calm tone to the song which I really like. She sings about her Beau Being the Illest. Maybe they met sometime before? As Adam & Eve? As a Geisha and a Samurai? We'll never know.
"For Your Lovin' I'm A Die Hard Like Bruce Willis"
"I think i met him in the Sky. When I was A Geisha He Was A Samurai"
13. LAST CHANCE feat. Natasha Bedingfield - This song talks about mainly taking chances. Even when its your last. Natasha's voice compliments Nicki's Rap.
Being in fame, its all or nothing. Towards the end, she raps about being successful and being glad to take the chance. They're Ready to shoot!
"I'm Ready to Shoot"
"This is my life and I only got one"
:::::::: Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks::::::::::
14. SUPER BASS - This song is probably the most appealing of all. Apparently, Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift also took their turn trying to rap this masterpiece. Absolutely lovely.
This song is about Love, and her Heartbeat Running away. lol. Her type of ballad. Catchy tunes, especially the chorus. I absolutely love this song.
"Boy you got my Heartbeat running away"
"Yes I did Yes I did, somebody please tell him who the F I is."
15. BLOW YA MIND - This song is funny. People coughing bread.lol! This is the anthem for
her fans.Its like the extended introduction for Nicki Minaj. This she talks about being serious and Being Nicki. Nothing much to Say about this.
"What the Fuck I Look Like?"
"So UGH UGH UGH Just Cough up that bread"
16. MUNY - I am absolutely in love with this song. This is her most Pop-sy type of song. She wants the MUNY! This song is about her being famous and having..Of course, Money.
She wants you to give her your money! Absolutely lovely. Catchy. Mun-Mun-Muny
This also talks about her having Versace Pythons and Louie Aviators. She did it! She won.
What a great way to close an album.
"Oh No We're The Very Silly Girls, Oh no It's a material world"
"Mun-Mun-Muny!"

----------------------OVERALL RATING: 4.5 Stars-------------------
This album is Absolutely lovely. But one track didn't really get much of my attention. Close to perfect. REALLY Close. The song "Blow Ya Mind" isn't very appealing. It's all I don't like, It's worth the skip. But overall I love this album. 1st Time I Actually liked rap. My favorite songs here are: MUNY and SUPER BASS. Unfortunately they're deluxe edition tracks. the extra $6 for the Deluxe edition is Worth It!

SMILEY! :) lol

Next Up: I don't know yet. Maybe its a surprise. :D










No comments: