Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Expanded Edition) - Track-By-Track Review

 



AVANT-GARDE TECHNO ROCK. 

3 Words Gaga Said about Born This Way. I kept that in mind as I listened to this masterpiece. 

Well, She Kept her word. After Long, Long, Long months of waiting that seemed to take forever, the Music is officially here. Actually, It was "Leaked". I'm sure you know that term. Yes. Leaked. Apparently, the Album was sold in advance in the UK, specifically at HMV. 

First of all, I'm set to buy this album. Leak or not. I'm here to help Mother Monster's sales on her CD to beat a certain adversary in an obvious alias as B.S. and her album, F.F. even though I Bought that CD too. Apparently, there has been a constant Fan-War with B.S. Fans and the Notorious Little Monsters. I'm on the little monsters' side from the beginning to end. I'm not hating. I'm a little monster.

OKAY. Well, this album is set to officially drop on May.23.11. So Expect TWO! Album tours of this amazing masterpiece because I'm buying both versions. =)

ON WITH THE ALBUM REVIEW! + there's a small twist, as a tribute to Mother Monster.



My TWIST on this album review, is... Instead of putting "Overall Rating", I'll put in "Eargasm Level" instead because it sounds better and I have been wanting to say that on reviews since I heard that word! I won't put in "_ Stars", I'll put in "_ Points". In case you're wondering, I rate things on a scale of 1 to 5. If it is 10, it really is that amazing. If it works out, I'll try to apply that to all my future reviews. Tell me in the Comments section below about this idea!

1. Marry The Night - First of all, this song is a great starter for the Album. This song is about New York. It has that slow a-Capella-ish intro to it and It's great. I feel like dancing and jumping around and just being hyper as I listen to this. 
"I'm gonna Marry the Night, I won't give up on my life, I'm a warrior queen, Live Passionately Tonight."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points

2. Born this Way - This is the first single off the album which came out way back when in February. This song is about self acceptance, and self acceptance. This song is AMAZING even though it was sharply compared to Express Yourself by Madonna. I have a longer review for it here.
"No Matter Gay, Straight Or Bi, Lesbian, Transgender Life, I'm on the right track, Baby I was born to survive. "
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points

3. Government Hooker - This was previewed at Lady Gaga's Runway Debut a Mugler. I think this is an amazing song! I think it's about Marilyn Monroe, an immensely beautiful lady that died a tragic death, who was also mentioned in "Dance In the Dark". It's a song about a hooker just selling herself and telling that she could be anything. I love this since it's debut at Mugler!
"Put your hands on me, John F. Kennedy. I'll make you squeal baby. As Long as you pay me. Oh!"
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points

4. Judas This. This! This is the amazing 2nd Single from Born This Way. Pretty much the Bad Romance 2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0. Only Better. It's simply amazing! It's like not a direct hit at the catholic community, but a Metaphor in being in Love with the wrong person and being torn between Good and Evil.  I have a review for this and a deeper insight here.
"Jesus Is My Virtue, and Judas is the Demon I Cling to."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points


5. Americano - A Latino song, about Lady Gaga's views on Immigration Laws, and Gay Marriage. It's like an epic Mariachi band song. The intro to the end is totally amazing! Not to mention, she speaks Spanish in this song! Amazing, right?1 Not only she speaks German, but Spanish too! She quadrilingual! 
"I don't speak your, I don't speak your, Americano."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points



6. Hair - This, Now this is a more Mellow, and yearning song for freedom. It's like you're screaming for freedom from those invisible chains that restrain you from being what you want to be. I personally thought this is a rebellious song, but it's a lament for freedom. I have a more in-depth review for that here
"Whenever I dress cool, My Parent put up a fight. And if i'm a hotshot, mom would cut my hair at night."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points



7. Scheiße - First of all, I think this song is FUCKING AMAZING and Different from the Mugler Mix it had in January, Way Back When we don't have Born This Way in our paws yet. I think this is an amazing song. Totally. She speaks German for God's sake!!! It's about doing things without the Scheiße that comes to play. And, This is a pro-women song. 
"when I'm on a mission, I rebuke my condition. If you're a strong Female, You don't need permission."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points

8. Bloody Mary - This has to be my Favorite song in this album. This isn't not a typical Gaga-Club-Banger Hit, But hey, she rocks it. It's totally amazing, and it has an eerie sound to it, which I love when It comes to GAGA. Bring me to a GAGA Themed horror house and I'll hug every person that scares me there, as long as they are wearing authentic GAGA Apparel. lol. 
"I won't cry for you, I won't crucify the things you Do. "
EARGASM: 10 out of 5 Points. It's THAT AMAZING.


9. Black Jesus†Amen Fashion - This song is Epic! No wonder she put it on the Expanded version. It's really amazing and uplifting. It has that typical GaGa sound, like in her demo, "Filthy Pop". I love this song!!! It has that thumpy beat that I love so much. It's a new runway song. Move over, "Fashion", because "Black Jesus†Amen Fashion" is here! No. They're both amazing.
"Black Jesus, Black Jesus, Jesus is the New Black."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points  


10. Bad Kids - This has most of the rock influence, second to You and I. I actually remember Laura Branigan's song "Self Control". lol.  This song is about admitting your flaws and bad sides, and GAGA will still love you! <3 It's really neutrally amazing. I don't think I have ever been drawn to a song this much.
"I'm a Bit------. I'm a Bad Kid and This is My life."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points


11. Fashion of His Love - This has that distinct 80's Pop sound. This song is Dedicated to Alexander McQueen. After his tragic death, Lady GaGa presumably wrote this song for him. If you are a hard core GaGa fan, you'll notice she used a snippet from her old demo, "Earthquake". My jaw dropped. At first listen, I thought I was just hearing things. I stopped and listened. It's Earthquake! Excellently 80's. 
"I was made for the Fashion of His Love." 
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points. 



12. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) - This, even though the title has "Unicorn" on it, It's still fucking amazing. When I heard this song for the first time, I thought she was saying "Run Run with her Twitter" lol. This is about unity and being so together. It's metaphorical to go to some place where prejudice and hate doesn't exist. Like the concept of the Born This Way Video. 
"We Can Be strong, We Can Be Strong, Follow that Unicorn on the Road to Love."
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points


13. Heavy Metal Lover - This is an amazing techno-rock song. I recognized this song from the intro. It's the  audio at the beginning of the Revamped GAGAVisions! I love Gaga's interaction with the Auto-Tune in this song! Especially on the 2nd VERSE. I guess this song is again about Lady Gaga's Beau, Lüc Carl. I guess she does get inspiration for her amazing work somewhere. Thank you, Lüc. In behalf of all Little Monsters.
"I can be you Girl, Girl, Girl, Girl, Girl, Girl. But would you Love me if I rule the world?"
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points


14. Electric Chapel - This is a fusion of Techno and Rock. The intro is of an electric guitar and It guickly transforms into a techno-pop record. I love this song. I love it to the bottom of my little monster soul. It's that beautiful. I think it's about a modern day Romeo and Juliet because in the play, the couple actually meet in a chapel/cell to get married. I love this song! That's all. 
"If You want me, Meet me at Electric Chapel."
EARGASM LEVEL: 10 out of 5 Points!


15. The Queen - This song is epic. By the lyrics, I think this is a tribute to the Band, QUEEN. This is another Empowerment song because it says to be the queen you can be. Probably a sequel to "Born This Way." lol. This is another Techno record that I look for in this album because of the AVANT-GARDE TECHNO ROCK description Gaga made for this album. 
"The killer queen inside of me, Come out to say Hello. "
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points


16. Yoü and I - I guess it's obvious, isn't it? It's about her Boyfriend, Lüc. This is a totally amazing song! I played this first when I got this album. It's really soulful and It's not that typical Gaga track that thumps because It's a ballad for Nebraska, Jesus, and her Dad. ;) I love the lyrics, the rhythm, and the song itself. I have been wanting to hear this as a Studio track since it's debut last June and I can't believe I can finally hear it in it's entirety. 
"You Said "Sit Back down where you belong, In the corner of my bar with your high heels on.""
EARGASM LEVEL: 10 out of 5 Points! I love this.


17. The Edge of Glory - This is a soulfully beautiful, that Gaga wrote as a love letter to Grandpa Gaga, and Death. It feels sad to hear this song. At least I do. I want my family to play this at my funeral. I want my friends to sing it for me! What's interesting about this is that it starts with a heartbeat, and it ends on a flat-line. I have a deeper and longer interpretation for this song here.
EARGASM LEVEL: 5 Points


Final Verdict: This album is amazing. I just love it, and I can't believe it's finally here. Don't call me biased because the songs are really just that good. She took 2 years to complete this album since The Fame Monster, and her Hard work Paid off. this is a Must-have for every little monster! 


This album is totally better than F.F. sorry B.S. fans! Eat your heart out for MOMMY MONSTER!!! *Clapping*


OVERALL ALBUM EARGASM LEVEL: 100 Points out of 85 Points. I told you, It's that amazing. I don't have any song that I don't like in this album, honestly. DEAL WITH IT. 




Album Of The Century Indeed. ("",)(,"")






No comments: