Friday, April 15, 2011

Review: Lady GaGa - Judas - The Song


YES!!!! HELL YES!!!! Lady Gaga released her new single "Judas" 4 Days early because leaks have spread all over the web. A pretty professional and amazing way to counteract these leaks is to release it early.
I love you Lady Gaga!

In my interpretation, It is a lyrical narration of the bible through Mary Magdalene's eyes.
Lady Gaga portrays Mary Magdalene if you don't know yet. It's very biblical, I must say. 

Yes, Mommy Monster! Just piss of the people! I'm with you! They'll open the gates for us.

I heard the leaked snippets before I went to school and when I got home, I opened my Facebook, and there is Gagadaily's event. Saying that "JUDAS IS ON iTUNES NOW!" I literally freaked out and went to Youtube and there is Lady Gaga's VeVo with an update: The audio of Judas.

See the whole review+ Listen to the song + My interpretation after the jump!



Interpretation: 

So, Lady Gaga portrays Mary Magdalene and her love interest is Judas, the betrayer of Jesus.

This takes on the song in immensely biblical proportions. Don't get Lady Gaga wrong. She's an Italian catholic, not a blasphemous Illuminati puppet. 
I'm pretty much 100% Sure that this will piss off lots of Religious Nerds. 

So the lyrics really refer to the bible. With lines such as "Judas", "I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs.", "Even if he betrays me three times."  and so much more. I'm sure the line "Jesus is my virtue, But Judas is the demon I cling to." will spark a lot of controversy, especially in the catholic community.

Did you notice that there is a lyric that goes like "I learned that love is like a brick, you can build a house or sink a dead body." Well, It's a pretty old quote and I guess Lady Gaga is foreshadowing what's to come when she said that line. 

I also notice that Gaga made a new battle cry for her precious little monsters : Judas, Juda-ah-ah, Judas, Juda-ah-ah, Gaga. Yes, It sounds like the Rah Rah Ra-ah-ah part in Bad Romance, but what the hell I care? Judas is amazing!!!

Pop Justice said: "Judas is to Bad Romance, as Bad Romance was to Poker Face." Well, I say AMEN to that! It is totally ah-may-zing. 

OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars 

It is simply amazing. Lyrically and Musically. Lady Gaga is truly a genius. When I first heard the snippets, it was before I went to school. They were stuck in my head the whole day, especially the "Judas, Juda-ah-ah" Part. And when I got home from school, Gagadaily notified me that it is on iTunes. I freaked out. Literally. 
I went straight to Youtube and I saw an update from Lady Gaga's VeVo: The Audio for Judas. It's a total eargasm! I was blown away. I didn't expect the song to exceed my expectations, but It did.  

I'm sure to buy this when It gets released as a Phsical CD Single, so watch out for an album tour soon. =)

BORN  THIS WAY

✟ 23 ✟ 11




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

musically it's really not that amazing. i'm a gaga fan and I can see it through both sides- her style has changed, and it's sparking a lot of raise eyebrows, especially in fans like me..

don't get me wrong, i love how she's giving religious creeps some crap. but the musical quality, the creativity, is just short, in my opinion. nothing will top her past 2 albums, they were perfect.

born this way just seems like a big production outcome. but hey.. EVERY big artist has their black sheep album. i think this might be hers.