Monday, March 28, 2011

Review: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale Track-by-Track Review


Britney Is Back! After her debut single, Femme Fatale is finally HERE!

The long wait for Britney fans is finally over. It's pretty obvious everybody knows who Britney Spears is. Who Doesn't? Her debut single, Hold It Against Me is a hit, and her 2nd Single from this album is Till The World Ends and dare I say that Hold It Against Me is less compared to it. Hold It Against Me peaked at # 1 in Billboard. 

This album is released on March 29th 2011 in the U.S. 

P.S.: I have been a big Britney-Fan as long as I can remember. She has totally made a transition from her schoolgirl songs and went into the big game. 

Let's Get Started with the Review for the Album After the Jump!


1. TILL THE WORLD ENDS - I made a whole review of this song in a previous post I  made. I'll give you a link to it. Just CLICK HERE. Rating: 5-Stars

2. HOLD IT AGAINST ME - This is her debut single, I really like it, and I made a review of the video here. The song is about Britney asking some guy to hold it against her. And song boasts thumping beats + catchy lyrics. I would totally recommend for you to listen to it. Rating: 4.5 Stars
"If I said I want your body now, Would you Hold It Against me?"

3. INSIDE OUT - This song is about Britney singing about a dude and she's taunting him to get down. This song is not much of a club banger, but I see it more of a Slow Seductive Dance type. The thumping is also present in here. I recommend for you to listen to this if you like hearing slow + gaining synths. It's worth a listen. Rating: 4.5 Stars
"Won't You give me something to remember? Baby Shut Your mouth and Turn me Inside out."

4. I WANNA GO - This song is about Britney wanting to go all the way. This is gonna be a HUGE club banger. It's got P-A-R-T-Y spelled all over the song. This can be a really good contender to be a single. It's very catchy and thump-y. I recommend for you to listen to this if you would like to listen to party-club songs. this is so reminiscent to Ke$ha. Rating: 4.9 Stars 
"I-I-I wanna Go-o-o all the Wa-a-ay, Take it on my feet tonight"

5. HOW I ROLL - This song introduces Britney and how she rolls. This is a flamboyant party song. It has that jazz club vibe to it. It's Catchy, it's not that thump-y. I recommend for you to listen to this if you like Calm, Flamboyant, Seductive songs. This is not too bad, but I feel it lacks the much needed thumps. Rating: 4 Stars
"That's how I roll Downtown Where my posse's at. Because I've got Nine Lives i'm a kitty cat."

6. DROP DEAD (BEAUTIFUL) Featuring Sabi - This song is about Britney describing a man who is Drop dead Beautiful. It can be a possible club  banger if remixed or raw. I love the chorus and how it is thump-y. The verse of Sabi , however is over auto-tuned. Maybe that's the trend of rappers nowadays. Her verse is good but short. I recommend for you to listen to this if you like calmer club banging songs. Rating: 3.9 Stars 
"Because You're Beautiful (Drop Dead) Beautiful."

7. SEAL IT WITH A KISS - This song is possibly about Britney being in a club and lusting on someone and wanting him to seal it with a kiss with her. This song has got the Thump-y requirements, but the lyrics don't play well in my opinion. It's good, listen to it when you like thump-y chant songs. Rating: 4 Stars
"Keep a secret, Me & You, and Seal it with a kiss, Ooh-Ooh-We-Ooh."

8. BIG FAT BASS featuring Will.I.Am - This song is about parts of the beats of a song. haha. Britney can the treble, and you can be the bass. I don't have anything to say about this because I see it as a club-ready banger. It's got that thump you usually hear with Will.I.Am. this is worth a listen. Rating: 4.5 Stars
"I can be the treble, baby you could be the bass. It's getting bigger"

9. TROUBLE FOR ME - I like this song. Down from the intro to the end of the song. This is about dancing on the dancefloor, but Britney sees her partner as trouble. Uh-Oh. This song is ironic because its about being in a club dancing, but It doesn't have that much of Club-Banging quality to it. Listen to this song. You need to. Rating: 5 Stars
"That's why you're so good for everyone else but trouble for me."

10. TRIP TO YOUR HEART - This song has that thump-y quality to it. I don;t get the meaning of the song, but it seems very surreal and dreamy to me. It's good, It got me to sleep on the car. I think it's her type of romance songs. I don't get It, but I like it.
Rating: 4.5 Stars 
"Spread my wings out into the dark, I'll fly away on a trip to your heart."

11. GASOLINE - This is Britney's ghetto song for the album. I really like it. It's got that thump and It's got that perfect rhythm with the spoken words. This is about how Britney is only turned on. It definitely had lots of repeats from me.  Rating: 5 Stars
"Spark, and It's like it's gasoline."

12. CRIMINAL - Hands down, my favorite song on the album. It's about Britney fighting for her love agains her mother. It's got that latino feel to it. It's the best song in the album on my opinion. It has got literally 30+ plays on my iPod during the first week. This is SO my favorite. 
Rating: 10 Stars out of 5
"But Mama I'm in love with a criminal, and this type of love isn't rational it's physical."

BONUS TRACKS (DELUXE EDITION)

13. UP n' DOWN - This song is not that much to my taste as of now, but I sense that it is a big club banger. I love the pre-chorus part. This is a really good song. I like the level of the thump in this song. I want it to be a single. Rating: 4 Stars 
"So keep watching me go down and up and down."

14. HE ABOUT TO LOSE ME - This has got to be the most reminiscent of Ke$ha. The intro sounds like the intro for Blind by Ke$ha. But this song is still good. Don't let that first sentence keep you from listening to this. This is a good song. But the chorus sounds like Britney's voice was over-altered. I don't like the vocals of the chorus. That's all. Rating: 3.5 Stars
"He about to lose bout to lose bout to lose me"

15. SELFISH - I like this song. It's another flamboyant club song form Britney. The only thing I'd change is the thump-y-ness and emphasis on the chorus. But overall this is a good club song. I've got nothing much to say about this but I like it.  Rating: 3.3 Stars
"Oh Oh Oh Oh Tonight I'm gonna be a little selfish"

16. DON'T KEEP ME WAITING - Well, Well, Well, Looks like Britney's out of her own territory in this song. To be honest, I don't like this song. I'm not into the style of this song. I don't like Britney as a Pop-Rock-ish artist as you do. I prefer her singing club+party hits. And not to mention the similarity to Avril Lavigne. Rating: 2.9 Stars
"don't keep me waiting, I'm going crazy got me waiting come and take it from me"

OVERALL RATING: 4.6 Stars 

Britney has totally evolved from the schoolgirl pop she once sang. This album is good, But I can't help to feel that some of the songs are similar to the other songs in this album. Well, what can you expect from Dr. Luke+Max Martin producing most of this album. Don't Keep Me waiting, on the other hand, I presume is not produced by them I presume. Criminal is my favorite song. I just love it. I hope she tops billboard once again with this album!


No comments: