Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Beyoncé - Run The World (Girls)


Honey B is back! It's great to see her taking on a new era since the I Am...Sasha Fierce era. The song is called Run The World (Girls) and I don't hear the music that the Beyoncé I know has making before this. I feel that I'm just adjusting or I think it's not good.

What I think:  
Well, Honestly, It doesn't appeal to me. I love the attempt to take on empowering songs, but this is just sexist, and what I think, not equal. Maybe it's just me or this is not the typical Beyoncé music that I know. It's like ... Ehhh. It doesn't have enough lyrics for God's sake! Well, what saves this song for me is the fast part that Honey B raps in the middle part. I expected a Single Ladies 2.0 - ish type of song, or something similar to that. So for me, this is a So-So song. Don't get me wrong, Beyoncé fans, but I'm honestly not into this song. I'm a fan myself and I was like "What The Hell?" Halfway through the song because mostly all the things she says is  "Who Run The World?! Who Run This Motha---, Girls!" 

OVERALL RATING: 3 Stars.

Listen for yourself and tell me what you think in the comments section below:


Okay, I'm out!

No comments: