Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: Jessie J - Who You Are - Track-By-Track Review


"STOMP, STOMP, I've arrived! Drop the beat, Nasty Face, Why You Looking at me?!"

Hell yeah! At last, Jessie J's debut album, Who You Are, has finally dropped in stores in the U.S.!
She's like the next Pixie Lott + Lily Allen but with more spunk and musical style. She writes her own songs. That's right.

It's really not about the money for Jessie J when I comes to this album. I bought this at Best Buy for 7.99 when it's really 9.99. I love you! lol! This is actually a great grab for all you music lovers. she's got at least something from everybody. The saleslady at Best Buy even asked me "Is this CD good? Like, Have you heard it?" so I said "Hell Yeah It's Jessie J. Who hasn't? I like to collect CD's." then she said "Oh, I should listen to this. I like collecting too." I say Amen, Ms. Cashier! 

Okay, Let's get started with the Review after the  jump!  =)


1. PRICE TAG feat. B.O.B. - This is her 1st U.S. single and her 2nd U.K. single. I absolutely love it! It's not about the money. The lyrics are so upright and straightforward that you'll end up having this song stuck in your head for hours; days even. B.O.B. is the icing on top. I son't usually like male features but this is an exception. I made a review of the video HERE.
OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars

2. NOBODY'S PERFECT - I absolutely love the essence of rock in this song. The lyrics are also so straightforward. In this song, she learns a lesson, and says sorry through a song. She regrets a lot of things. Nobody's really perfect. So that person better forgive Jessie! She's not a saint. But she says sorry sincerely. 
OVERALL RATING: 4.5 Stars

3. ABRACADABRA - So this is her "I want you" song. She wants to make him hers in a SNAP! Like Abracadabra. It has that drums-piano type of sound, and it totally fits the song. I want something to be mine like Abracadabra too.  Haha. I can relate to this song! He's got her heart on lock. 
OVERALL RATING: 4 Stars

4. BIG WHITE ROOM (LIVE) - So this is a mastered version of a live performance. This is one of Jessie's 1st songs ever written and I have to say, the lyrics are amazing. I think this song is about isolation. Isolated from the world+people. To quote her, "I'm Going Crazy, In this big white room of mine."
OVERALL RATING: 4.5 Stars

5. CASUALTY OF LOVE - Oh.My.God. I can't express how I adore this song. This isn't like Do It Like A Dude because this shows the softer side of Jessica Cornish. I'm captivated by the lyrics of this song. It's like a ballad to take a chance and willingness to fall as a casualty. I adore this song. Case Closed.
OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars 

6. RAINBOW - This song is like a song of unity. This song for me is like saying "We're strong as a team. " It's also for me a song of equality because everyone has different colors. Everybody is unique and no one can take our individuality away. This song has got a good play count on my iPod. 
OVERALL RATING: 4 Stars

7. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW - Oh my god I cannot express the love I have for this song. It's like her "HAHA, You lost." Song for them haters and those who bullied her when she was small. I adore this song to the bottom of my little soul. I loved this song down from the intro to the end. 
OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars

8. DO IT LIKE A DUDE - This is Jessie's 1st U.K. Single and I adore it too. It's like this song screams "Women are no weaker than men!" This song Is just so straightforward complete with the swear words!
I play this song tons of times daily on my iPod and I suggest you to listen to it. It's amazing.
OVERALL RATING: 6 STARS

9. MAMA KNOWS BEST - This song just shows that Jessie loves her Mama. This song narrates to when Jessie is down, her mom + dad always know how to cheer her up. It's a song for Jessie's parents, but not the lullaby-type. It's addictive! 
OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars

10. L.O.V.E. - This song is about Jessie giving up to the gravity of love. She told herself she wouldn't write a song about love, But look at her now, singing and screaming "I'm In Love!" This has a really mellow and reggae-ish tone to it and I find it catchy.
OVERALL RATING: 4.5 Stars

11. STAND UP - This song is about telling people to stand up for love. Love is something is worth it and Jessie would just like to point that fact out. It's like she's saying don't let the haters bring you down b ecause there are more things you can be other than the victim. I love this song. 
OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars

12. I NEED THIS - This song is like about Jessie saying she's still a person under all the fame. I fitting song for Britney, if you know what I mean. It's like she's saying I have space for you, I have space for me. I feel like it's also a breakup song because of the lyrics.
OVERALL RATING: 4 STARS

13. WHO YOU ARE - This is the Piece du Resistance to the album. The cherry on top. This has to be the most empowering song and emotional song in this album. It's also a soft side of Jessie. This is a song for the bullied people who tend to pretend like someone they're not. Listen, and you will be empowered.
OVERALL RATING: 5 Stars

OVERALL RATING: 4.7 Stars
This album is a jump start for Jessie and I can see a brighter career for her up ahead.

No comments: